Samsung has finally launched A2 Core, the company’s first Android Go Edition smartphone, targetting the Indian markets. A2 core (Go) is the successor of Galaxy J2 Core (SM-J260) that was introduced in early 2018. It sports a 5-inch qHD screen, is powered by Exynos 7870 SoC with 1GB of RAM, runs Android 9.0 Pie (Go edition) which is a trimmed version of normal Android with more optimisations and some compromisations on the software and applications. Go version uses lite versions of all applications and the playstore is also optimised specifically for Go devices. It packs a 5-megapixel front and rear cameras and packs a 2600mAh battery. The device directly competes with Xiaomi’s Redmi Go, which was announced last month.
Samsung Galaxy A2 Core specifications
- 5-inch (540 x 960 pixels) qHD TFT display
- 1.6GHz Octa-Core Exynos 7870 processor
- 1GB RAM, 16GB storage, expandable upto 256GB
- Android 9.0 Pie (Go edition)
- Dual SIM
- 5MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.9 aperture
- 5MP Front-facing camera
- Dimensions:141.6 x 71 x 9.1mm; Weight: 142g
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS
- 2600mAh battery
The Samsung Galaxy A2 Core comes in standard Black and White colors and is priced at Rs. 5290. The device goes on sale from First week of May through online and offline stores across India.