Samsung entered the sub-15k market in India with their newly launched ‘M’ series early this year. Samsung launched Galaxy M10 and Galaxy M20 smartphones in the new ‘M Series’ in India last month at a competitive price tag. Now the company has confirmed that it will launch the Galaxy M30 smartphone in India on February 27th, a day before Xiaomi launches its Redmi Note 7 smartphone. The teaser image reveals a similar 19:9 Infinity-V display and a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, but this will come with triple rear cameras.
Earlier rumors about the smartphone revealed a 13+5+5MP sensors for regular, wide-angle lens, and telephoto lens for portrait shots and a 16MP selfie shooter with an f/2.0 apperture on the front as well as a massive 5000mAh battery with support for adaptive fast charging. Now, latest rumors reavals a Super AMOLED screen instead of TFT screen on the M10 and M20 smartphones. If it is true, then M30 will be the first smartphone in sub 15k price range with an AMOLED display.
Samsung Galaxy M30 Rumored Specifications
- 6.3-inch (2340 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ display
- Octa-Core Exynos 7904 14nm processor
- 4GB RAM with 64GB storage / 6GB RAM with 128GB Storage, expandable up to 512GB via micro SD card
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with Samsung Experience 9.5
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, 5-megapixel secondary camera, 5MP ultra-wide angle camera
- 16MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimension: 159 x 75.1 x8.4mm
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dual 4G VoLTE
- 5000mAh battery with adaptive fast charging
The Samsung Galaxy M30 series is rumored to start at Rs. 14,999 for the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version and it is also said to come in 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version. It is expected to go on sale in the first week of March. The device is expected to be an Amazon India exclusive as per rumors.