0

A three week old iPhone XS Max caught fire while in the pants of the owner. A legal action against Apple is under consideration by the owner due to the lackluster response to the incident.

“Josh Hillard from Columbus, Ohio reported to iDrop News that on December 12, while on lunch break at work, he noticed a strange smell coming from the back pocket of his pants. He then felt intense heat that burned his skin, followed by green and yellow smoke.”

The heat and smoke was continuously coming from the phone, and forced to move to another room to remove his pants due to the presence of a female co-worker in the break room. An executive officer heard Hillard’s yelling, and got a fire extinguisher to take out the flame.

Later Hillard took the remains of the phone and went to an Apple Store nearby, but the response and treatment by the Apple Store employee was not adequate. He claims that he almost spent 20 minutes by the questioning of the employees. Another 40 minutes later, the employee took the phone into the back room. After asking the Manager to locate the employee and his phone, he returned with the phone already packed. They told Hillard that the phone has to be sent to the engineering team and this was the only method to get replacement for the phone.

[penci_related_posts taxonomies=”undefined” title=”You Might Be Interested In” background=”” border=”” thumbright=”no” number=”4″ style=”list” align=”none” displayby=”recent_posts” orderby=”random”]

Unsatisfied with the customer service in Apple Store, Hillard took back his burnt iPhone XS Max and went home. After a while he called the Apple Care Line. The next day he has been offered a replacement by Apple, but by that time, Hillard felt that Apple needed to do more for him, including compensation for his ruined clothes, the wireless service that he was unable to use and the way by which the customer executive behaved to him.

In other stories  Nokia 9 Latest Press Render Confirms Major Features

Authenticity

The authenticity of the incident remains in question, as there is no confirmation outside of the iDrop News report. If true, an abused battery is likely not at fault as the iPhone XS Max is almost brand new. Earlier this year, an iPhone 6S was filmed catching fire on a surveillance video from a store in Las Vegas. The incidents involving iPhones, however, have not yet reached Samsung Galaxy Note 7 level of infamy.

Basith Rahman
This CA student is a tech evangelist and a gadget devotee who works with and talks about latest technologies. Basith, being a techie since childhood is a traveller, foodie and an art enthusiast.

Honor View 20 Launching In India Through Amazon; World’s First 48 MP Camera Device

Previous article

Xiaomi Drops Price Of Their LED TVs In India

Next article

You may also like

More in News