So, after a few weeks of beta testing, the update of PUBG Mobile that features the Vikendi snow Map is finally here. The servers were taken offline a couple of days back, to update the database with the new content. Before stepping in any further, let’s check out the update notes.
- Vikendi, a 6km x 6km snow map, is coming! It will be available for download at 0:00 UTC on 20th of December 2018, and available for matchmaking 24 hours later. We recommend downloading the map first.
- New weather added: Snow
- Vikendi-exclusive vehicle: Snowmobile
- Snowball Fight added to Vikendi’s Spawn Island.
- Added a Snow theme to the main menu. Collect bells from all Classic mode matches and exchange them for rewards at the event center!
- Added Arabic support.
- Added cross-server matchmaking. After enabling, players have a chance to be matched to players of the same tier on other servers.
- Players that repeatedly exiting matches right after starting will now be banned from finding matches for a period of time.
- Players may now report suspicious behavior while spectating after dying.
- Added a layout for players with large hands.
- Added tags to items with quality, categories and background information.
- Added a display for Crew Challenge winners on Erangel’s Spawn Island. Season 1’s winning teams will appear on the Spawn Island of their respective server and modes. Season 2 registration starts at 0:00 UTC on 18 DEC 2018!
- Players’ best results in Crew Challenge will now be shown on their Crew pages and can be shared with other players.
- Players now can collect all daily mission awards at once.
- New commands added to Quick Chat.
- Added Firearms Finish Upgrade System, where players can use materials at the Lab to upgrade certain weapon finishes to get additional kill effects, unique kill broadcasts, and death crate appearances.
- Added Lucky Treasure, a feature that gives players a chance to get upgradable weapon finish Glacier – M416 when they finish daily missions.
- Added Season spending rewards. Spend different amounts to get excellent rewards and steep discounts on firearm finishes.
- Added a feature in the backpack to show sources of unobtained items when tapped.
- Players do not need to select a second language for matchmaking and chat from now on
- Chat system now takes up less memory and stores more messages.
- Shop’s front page is now tuned to emphasize themes of each major update.
Yes, it looks like a lot has been happening. Like the notes say, the new snow map ‘Vikendi’ will probably be available for a limited time, and it’s available from 20th. The snowmobile will be a Vikendi exclusive. The home screen is having that jingle bells vibe now, to mark the game’s Christmas excitement. Also, skipping matches soon after it starts results in a temporary short time ban. So players, better be careful while skipping matches. There’s an hostess in the game now, who welcomes us on entering the lobby, and notifies us when the plane is about to take off.
Another thing to note is that, PUBG Mobile is now optimized for different screen types, whether it be a standard screen, a round cornered one, or a notched display. Players can now choose these options according to their display form factor, and the changes will take place after restarting the game. Players with phones that have notched displays have been complaining about notch blocking their view while playing PUBG Mobile and Tencent has finally offered a solution for them.
[penci_related_posts taxonomies=”undefined” title=”You Might Be Interested In” background=”” border=”” thumbright=”no” number=”4″ style=”list” align=”none” displayby=”recent_posts” orderby=”random”]
There’s a lot mentioned in the notes, but there are some things that aren’t quite there. Some “zombies” are reportedly lurking around the battlegrounds in Erangel. Possibly this could be the zombie mode available in room matches in the PC version of PUBG which is available since last year. It turns out, it really is. We’ve seen some “zombie blood stains” in some houses in Erangel, which at first, we couldn’t identify. It basically looks like a puddle of spilt oil, and some footprints leading away from it. Also, the same was found on walls, with hand prints.
Many people were reporting the same, and some even found zombie bodies in the small island near the Sosnovka Military Base. This might have been silently added to the game just to surprise the players or as part of an easter egg for the forthcoming zombie mode. Either way, well played Tencent.